Friday 30 November 2012

Snowy Postcard

I spotted this image in a fellow Docrafter's gallery and that was it - i HAD to have it!  I even ended up dreaming about it!  This was my first card made after my back locked (see post below) and as I was just relaxing and messing around, I think the pressure must have been off as it came out better than I'd hoped - usually I think what I make isnt as nice as what was in my head so it was a pleasant surprise.


I was inspired by several cards I'd seen using this image, particularly one who had used silver and gold embossing on their card and another on the Stampendous website who had used brown colouring to give the impression of age.  I used both those techniques in the above and whilst my card is very different to the ones that inspired me, I enjoyed using two techniques to produce the card above.

Items used:

Watercolour paper, kraft card.
Stampendous Snowy Postcard stamp,
Distress ink reinkers to colour.
Dovecraft paper.
LOTV Grunge Corners. & Chocolate Baroque (free with Craft Stamper) snowflake stamp.
Spellbinders Poinsettia Creations dies & Labels 8.
Heartfelt Creations Poinsettia Stamps.
Memory Box Delicate Fern die.
Paula Pasqual sentiment.
Silver and Enchanted Gold embossing Powder with Colourbox gold and silver ink.
Frosted Lace Stickles.  Muted gold Habico pearl.

I would like to enter this for the following challenge:

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Winter Bliss

21 comments:

  1. hi Chris, beautiful christmas card, love what you have done to the stamp, must play with mine.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card the image and layout are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris this is lovely, very oldie worldly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is just stunning!! Wow, I love everything about it -- how you centered the image with the oval frame and the floral and fauna embellishments around it. The sheen on it is gorgeous. I'm in awe of this creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, the image and layout are fabulous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful traditional Christmas scene!
    Well done, and a big Good Luck For the Draw.
    Thank's for joining us at Stamptacular this week.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has to be the utmost stunning gorgeous Christmas card I think I have ever seen. its beyond words - wow wow wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just beautiful. Love it.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness what a super card ... love the traditional scene ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this,so gorgeous and vintage! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and image no wonder you dreamt about it it's gorgeous love the vintage look very Christmassy
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Chris. I LOVE that image and the way you have used is is wonderful.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful card, I love everything about it. I can see why you just had to have that image and it works perfectly with those sepia tones. Just beautiful. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful traditional card - hope your back is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful card stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card...love everything about it....x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, hope your back feels better too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This stamp really is divine, would you pleeeeeeeeeeeeease be kind enough to tell me where you have bought it? It would be perfect for my next years mass production for family members lol!
    Love your card, it looks fantastic!
    Off I go to read what happened to you!
    Hugs, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning xmas card, you can tell a lot of work has gone into making it xx

    ReplyDelete