Friday, 31 August 2012
Items used: listed in Lena Katrine's tutorial, I susbsituted a couple of things - I didnt have embossed acetate and I used different leaves as I didnt have the Doohickey die - I used the Cheery Lynn Holly Flourish, cut up. I added an internal frame over the reverse of the acetate as mine was clear and you could see the reverse, I also used Prima crystals for the flower centres instead of pearls and Weathered Wood ink instead of Iced Spruce which I didnt have at that time. I used organza ribbon instead of gingham.
I fell in love with Lena's lantern and I really enjoyed making it (apart from the scored roof sections which took me a bit of working out of the measurements until I twigged that Lena had the pieces on a cutting mat and I could measure that and work it out from there!!) and I was pleased with the finished result, apart from I cant bear to part with it now and it was originally intended as a gift!!
I would like to enter it for the following challenge: